Elise Britt Asghar, MD
Dr. Elise Britt Asghar is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, hip and knee surgery. She is fellowship trained in sports medicine. She joined Redwood Orthopaedic Surgery Associates in 2022. She was born and raised in Santa Rosa and is excited to be working with many of the sports programs she was involved with growing up.
Dr. Asghar received her undergraduate degree from UCLA with a degree in psychobiology. At UCLA, she competed as a student athlete in soccer all four years and was captain her senior year. She then completed medical school and orthopedic residency at UC San Diego. She completed her fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Utah where she cared for Olympic athletes (US Ski Team Members), professional athletes in basketball (Jazz) and soccer (Real Salt Lake), and collegiate athletes (Utes) in football, baseball, and gymnastics.
Dr. Asghar has published peer-reviewed articles in sports medicine and trauma and was the winner of the Clinical Science Research Award Winner in 2019 in San Diego. Throughout her training, she was elected to several leadership roles including Lead Chief Resident for her final year of residency and Resident Chairman for the UCSD Graduate Medical Education Committee. She is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and works with Sonoma State University Athletics and Montgomery High School football.
- Innovations in Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Lower extremity CT angiograms and their effect on kidney function in orthopedic trauma patients
- Acute pediatric monteggia fractures: a conservative approach to stabilization
- The challenges of treating female soccer players with ACL injuries: hamstring versus bone-patellar tendon-bone autograft
- What was the change in telehealth usage and proportion of no-show visits for an orthopedic trauma clinic during the covid-19 pandemic?
- Subacute high-energy traumatic knee dislocation in an ambulatory patient: a case report